Est. 1865. Currently open to burials.
A family cemetery that transitioned into a public cemetery. Family cemeteries were common on large ranches back then. The cemetery was once owned by the United Methodist Church of Grass Valley, as was the Penn Valley Cemetery. Beautiful poppies and lilac cover the grave sites of the founding family members.
Indian Springs Cemetery is located at 17542 Indian Springs Road in Penn Valley . It was established in 1881 and is currently open and active. To reach the cemetery, take Highway 20 from Grass Valley and turn left into Penn Valley on Spenceville Road. Continue on Spenceville Road and turn right onto Indian Springs Road. The cemetery is just ahead on the right.
GPS Coordinates N 39,10.846 W 121,11.688