Est. 1850. Currently open for burials.
This is the site the Catholic Church used as a cemetery for years until deeding the cemetery to the District. The district maintained this cemetery for many years while it was owned by the Catholic Church. The church eventually deeded the cemetery to the district.
The North San Juan St. John’s Catholic Cemetery is located at 29575 State Highway 49, just north of the town of North San Juan. It was established in 1850 and is currently open and active. To reach the cemetery, take Highway 49 north from Nevada City and pass the post office and Oak Tree Lane in North San Juan. About a quarter of a mile past the post office, take the paved driveway on the right that leads to the cemetery.
GPS Coordinates N 39,22.285 W 121,06.054