Est. 1855. Currently still active.
Graniteville was the supply center for most of the gold mining camps in that part of Nevada County. Originally known as Eureka South, the name Graniteville came into use once a Post office was established. Many original buildings within the town remain and some people live there year round.
Graniteville Cemetery is located at 36855 Meadow Lake Road near the town of Graniteville. To reach the cemetery, take Highway 49 north from Nevada City and turn right on Tyler Foote Crossing Road, then stay on Cruzon Grade Road past the turn-off to Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park, and proceed on the graveled Bloomfield-Graniteville Road. The cemetery is located on the right side of the road leading into Graniteville, about a quarter mile south of town.
GPS Coordinates N 39,26.437 W 120,44.853